Self catering cottages - Connemara

Self catering cottages - Connemara

Author
Posted Sun 4 Oct 2020 2:28 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi,
The place we normally visit is not available in 2021 and the company we have used does not have any other suitable property / location combinations. I have tried private browsing to find a "good" website, but I jus get hit by all the same vague and hard to compare sites. Can anyone recommend a quality website the does not vomit popups and responds accurately to my criteria searches?
Any help or suggestions gratefully received.
Mick

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 4 Oct 2020 3:02 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hello Mick,

Picking somewhere new to stay can be tricky sometimes especially as you used to have a favourite place to visit and stay!

We have a useful approved accommodation search page on our main website that you may wish to try. Simply enter a destination from the drop-down menu, I have already selected the type as self-catering, so it will find properties in the area that you can then use the link to their website directly. There is a star rating that can be used to select a level if you wish.

Where is the area that you normally visit on the island of Ireland?
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 4 Oct 2020 3:30 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Thanks Martin,
I will take a look. We usually head between Roundstone & Clifden. As close to a beach as possible, we love Ballyconeely area and also Omey, but we tend to be quite close to Errisbeg.
I will keep looking
Cheers
Mick

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 4 Oct 2020 3:36 PM
View Quick Profile
I tried to put in a couple of locations which were recognised but each time the results started with Newry County Down & Portrush Country Antrim.
Mick

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 4 Oct 2020 3:53 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Mick, 

I'd love to see what I can do to point you in the right direction. :) 

I had a look and unfortunately wasn't able to find any recommended self-catering accommodation directly in Ballyconeely, Claddaghduff, Omey or Errisburg. There are however two options for Clifden, which you can find here. All of the self-catering accommodation in County Galway can be found here, and there is a handy map function as well which helps you see where the accommodation is located. 

Another option might be the Renvyle Thatched Cottages in Tullycross. They are located only 10 minutes from the beach. :) 

I hope this was helpful, and I'm here if there's anything you need! 
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 4 Oct 2020 4:07 PM
View Quick Profile
Many thanks Martin
Much appreciated.
Mick

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 4 Oct 2020 4:11 PM
View Quick Profile
My apologies, Melin, I am trying to multi task and failing badly.
Thanks again Mick

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 4 Oct 2020 4:24 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Mick, 

No worries! :) Please don't hesitate to reach out to either Martin or me if there's anything else you'd like to know.