Travel to Ireland for 2021 St Patrick

Travel to Ireland for 2021 St Patrick

Author
Posted Tue 24 Nov 2020 2:26 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello, 
My name is Luis. I'm lucky enough to have an Irish girlfriend. I want to go there in St Patrick's to visit her and also enjoy the atmosphere in Dublin during those days. I want to book the flight but there is now a 14 or 15 day quarantine for all people entering the country. Should I book it now, hoping that by March next year, everything will be normal? Or should I wait?
Thank you
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 24 Nov 2020 3:04 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
PD: Also, I would like to know when that 14 days quarantine is going to be lifted
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 24 Nov 2020 5:50 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 21
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 20 Jun 2022 4:15 PM Visits: 3K
Hi Luisfe, 

We would love to have you celebrating St. Patrick in Ireland, but at the moment, it’s difficult to say if that will be possible.

As you mention, currently there's a 14-day quarantine mandatory for travellers from Spain and other European countries. This regulation is being monitored and might change, so we recommend that you check the government official website to be up to date with the latest news. 

Ireland, along with the rest of the EU, has implemented a new "Traffic Light System". This system helps categorize areas as green, orange, red or grey, on the basis of the risk levels associated with COVID-19. The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) will publish a map on a weekly basis with updated information about every area. 

You can also find more information on the following page.

If there's anything else we can help you with, don't hesitate to let us know.

Regards,

Marta ☘️