The Burren Ecotourism Network - Virtual Tours

The Burren Ecotourism Network - Virtual Tours

Author
Posted Wed 25 Nov 2020 11:24 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (199 reputation)Community Expert (199 reputation)Community Expert (199 reputation)Community Expert (199 reputation)Community Expert (199 reputation)Community Expert (199 reputation)Community Expert (199 reputation)Community Expert (199 reputation)Community Expert (199 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 2 Bronze Achievements 16
Australia
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 6 Mar 2023 10:45 AM Visits: 357
As human beings living on our dearest planet that’s called Earth, we are getting more conscious about the way we live and how it affects our planet. I personally adopted heaps of environment-friendly daily habits, and they are slowly morphing into my choices on eating, travelling and spending. On this, I absolutely love that Ireland provides me with so many choices for being more sustainable. 💚

On the lovely island of Ireland, the Burren Ecotourism Network has been named ‘Best Tourism Project’ for the year of 2021 by Lonely Planet. It has been described as “a global leader for sustainable tourism” in their annual ‘Best in Travel 2021’ list. How exciting is that! ☘️

While The Burren is the home to some of the most remarkable and breathtaking landscapes and attractions in Europe, and we are not able to see its beauty in person yet, I found that virtual tours that are available online give me something to look forward to!If you’re interested in discovering what the Burren Ecotourism Network is all about, check out some of these virtual tours!

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/25-11-2020/c0ac793b-b9b6-4a1a-9cf7-fbfd.jpg
The iconic Cliff of Moher (seen in picture) is part of the Burren Ecotourism Network, how breathetaking! 

Virtual Tour 1: Aillwee Cave, Co. Clare, Ireland
Virutal Tour 2: The Burren Centre, Co. Clare, Ireland

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 8 May 2024 7:23 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 4
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 9 May 2024 12:26 PM Visits: 127
It's truly inspiring to see initiatives like the Burren Ecotourism Network being recognized for their commitment to sustainability and responsible tourism.
Ireland's natural beauty, including the remarkable landscapes of the Burren, deserves to be preserved and celebrated.
Virtual tours are a fantastic way to experience these wonders while minimizing our carbon footprint. Plus, they offer accessibility to those who may not be able to travel to these locations in person. It's wonderful that technology can bring us closer to nature and foster appreciation for our planet's diverse ecosystems.
Exploring the Burren Ecotourism Network through virtual tours not only allows us to admire its beauty but also educates us about the importance of sustainable practices in tourism. It's a reminder that we can enjoy travel responsibly while minimizing our impact on the environment.
Do you have any favourite virtual tours or sustainable travel destinations you've discovered?