Summer 2022 after son's college graduation with several family members

Summer 2022 after son's college graduation with several family members...

Author
Posted Mon 4 Jan 2021 9:00 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
We are looking at visiting Ireland the summer of 2022, after our son graduates from college. There will be about 12-15 people,  grandparents to teenagers. We love the scenic views, history, castles, wildlife and food.  We will be there for one week. Any must see's.  I have no idea what to see, I know I would like to see a castle and the scenic view, other than that we are open.  Any suggestions would be helpful. Great places to eat, stay, or sightsee?  
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 5 Jan 2021 11:35 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Wed 17 Apr 2024 8:17 AM Visits: 13.3K
Hi Donna,

What a wonderful way to celebrate your son's graduation! It may be a long way off but starting your plans now is an excellent idea, especially for a larger group like yours. Is there anything in particular that you or your travel companions wouldn't want to miss?

We may be a small island but there is plenty to see and do. We have some trip ideas pages that you may like to look at on our website. Most of them give you an indication of how long the trip takes a well, to give you an idea of time to allow for a region. 

Are you looking for a tour/private bus as there are quite a few of you to move around? We have a Tour operators page that has several recommended organisations who would love to help you plan bespoke itineraries, as well as organized trips. Most will also be more than happy to adjust the accommodations to include a castle visit or even stay! 

A tour is a great way to see plenty of the island of Ireland, and you can create an itinerary that is suitable for visitors of all ages in your party. Based on the preferences of the group, the Wild Atlantic Way, Ireland's Ancient East, and Northern Ireland's Causeway Coast are great areas to check out. This of course also depends on where you arrive and depart from, but it's definitely something to keep in mind. :)

I hope this helps with a few ideas, and hopefully, our other members and industry partners will help out too. We're only a message away if you have any questions! 

Martin