The pretty towns of Strangford & Portaferry plus a nice ride on the ferry

The pretty towns of Strangford & Portaferry plus a nice ride on the...

Author
Posted Tue 5 Jan 2021 9:37 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
You'll not be disappointed if you visit the beautiful towns of Strangford and Portaferry in County Down. Take a look at the video to see how lovely this part of Ireland is.

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 5 Jan 2021 3:43 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 7 Aug 2022 10:39 AM Visits: 689
Hi Greg,

I really enjoyed the unique and interesting video you shared, thanks!

I didn't know about the connection Strangford had to a Norse sea king! Interesting stuff.

I really enjoy the history and natural beauty around Strangford Lough. It's a bit off the beaten track compared with other spots, which probably helps preserve rich bio-diversity it holds.

I don't think County Down gets the recognition it deserves for its all round natural beauty at all. The Mourne Mountains hold some spectacular sights year round and is with exploring if you have the time.

Do you know any particularly unique hidden gems in the area you would share?
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 5 Jan 2021 3:53 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Thanks for the comments Sean. Yes, you're right, it's a very interesting and beautiful area. You should visit our youtube channel and visit some of our other video's in places like the Silent Valley of the Mourne Mountains. Also, I have a video premiere this Friday at 1pm of Murlough Nature Reserve, which isn't that far away. St Patrick's grave at Down Cathedral might also be of interest - I have a video of that coming up in the weeks ahead. But, take a look at the channel - please like/subscribe and leave comments there as it helps me keep the various videos visible.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClUFYgK289SJ3ggenTb5WRw

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 5 Jan 2021 6:07 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Greg, 

We can't wait to see more of your videos, and I'll keep an eye on your channel! Feel free to share a link to new videos here with us on the Community as well. :) 

Thanks again! 

Melin
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 5 Jan 2021 6:13 PM
View Quick Profile
Thanks Melin, and yes, please do support my channel, the videos can only keep coming if the channel gets support. Take care,

G