Dark Hedges and Game of Thrones

Dark Hedges and Game of Thrones

Author
Posted Tue 5 Jan 2021 9:40 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Take a look at the Dark Hedges video below. The area is best known as a location in the TV series Game of Thrones.

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 5 Jan 2021 1:50 PM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (776 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 12
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 29 Sep 2022 6:05 PM Visits: 1.4K
I'd say this is a must-visit when in Northern Ireland, Greg. I like how the music and the color of the video make it look a little mysterious. Have you visited other Game of Thrones film locations on the island?

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 5 Jan 2021 2:01 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi David, 

I've made a film about the Silent Valley Reservoir in the Mournes, and I know the Mourne Mountains have featured in Game of Thrones, although perhaps not that exact spot. Do check it out.
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 6 Jan 2021 12:14 PM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (776 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 12
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 29 Sep 2022 6:05 PM Visits: 1.4K
I will definitely give it a look! I think the pilot episode was filmed in the Mournes.

Thank you, Greg. 
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 18 Sep 2021 1:25 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 5
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 19 Mar 2024 9:01 AM Visits: 69
The dark hedges game of thrones aka the kings landing are just awesome, great video.
I had the pleasure of visiting here the summer before lockdown and look forward to visiting once again.
Ideally I would like to see more of the kingdom of mourne and winterfell castle.
Thanks for sharing.

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 18 Sep 2021 6:11 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 12:42 PM Visits: 1.6K
Hello again, Marty!

Once again I'm impressed by your knowledge and passion for Northern Ireland!

This community is made better by people like you being around to share what makes the island of Ireland so enchanting. As it happens, as well, there's a lovely video by Discover Ireland all about how to explore Westeros while here in Ireland. It maps out unforgettable locations like Dragonstone, Riverrun, and more. 

Are there any other iconic Game of Thrones locations you'd love to see while in Northern Ireland?

Warmly,
Rochelle
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 21 Sep 2021 10:54 AM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 19
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Yesterday @ 3:02 PM Visits: 2.4K
Thank you Greg for sharing such an atmospheric video of the Dark Hedges. 

I am looking forward to visiting them again in the near future.  The ancient trees are beech trees and during the autumn season the leaves turn the most beautiful shades of yellow, burnt orange and golden brown.  The path is covered with fallen leaves, with nature recreating how it looked when it was filmed as the "Kingsroad" in The Game of Thrones.  

For further information, I have attached a map of The Game of Thrones Film locations in Northern Ireland.  

Hope you are able to come and experience these beautiful places!
Anne

Attachments
Game of Thrones Map.jpg (293 views, 71.00 KB)
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 30 Sep 2021 11:27 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 2
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 20 Dec 2021 12:36 AM Visits: 5
I have taken this Game of Thrones tour from Belfast This is a must-see tour for any Game of Thrones Fan. This tour takes you to several of the Game of Thrones filming locations used in the series and also includes a visit to the Giants Causeway the only UNESCO World Heritage Site in Northern Ireland, Even if you’re not into the show, the locations are beautiful places to see. The Dark Hedges One of the most popular natural phenomena in Northern Ireland, the Dark Hedges were used as a set for the hit TV series Game of Thrones. It was the famous King’s Road in Season 2. you can book this tour on https://www.belfasttoursni.com/game-of-thrones-tour-from-belfast/