Accommodations For 2 in 2021?

Accommodations For 2 in 2021?

Author
Posted Tue 19 Jan 2021 7:54 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello! My name is Kodaa, but you're free to call me Kodie if you wish! 
I'm currently living in the USA and I am looking for an escape, a new community, and a place to raise a family, due for a number of different reasons. I have Irish blood in me, just not sure how much or if it's even enough to look into a work Visa.

I've been researching the requirements of moving countries, I have also looked into getting a job, or trying to transfer to another chain in Ireland.

I was perhaps looking to find someone I could work for in exchange for a bedroom or a place to stay at all. If there is nothing like that available, I will try my absolute best to pay rent! I am very poor, but, maybe Ireland is a good place to start something new and different. :)

I have a young kitty and a partner who I'd like to take with me, but if it's just me and my kitten your accommodating, there won't be a problem since I can bring her here once I've settled in a place of my own. :)

To be honest with whoever has read thus far, thank you for reading at all.. I just want an escape for a while and an escape from the stress. I want a restart. The scenery of Ireland is simply breathtaking.. It feels like it's calling me back from a time I haven't got a single memory of but it's still vaguely there strangely.

I do hope there is someone out there who is willing to help or give me some more information.. :) 
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 20 Jan 2021 11:50 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hello Kodaa!

It is lovely to hear that you are looking to come over to the island of Ireland for a new life-changing experience.

To learn more about coming to Ireland you may find the Ireland information resources useful. The Citizens Information Website contains a full section of support for coming to work in Ireland. They also have some information on coming to live in Ireland and bringing pets to Ireland too!

For the most current and accurate Passport and Visa advice, I recommend that you directly contact your local Irish Embassy/Consulate prior to traveling to the Republic of Ireland. Again, there is some excellent information on the Citizens Information website regarding the current situation during the pandemic.

While our airports and ferry ports are open, the authorities in the Republic of Ireland are currently advising against non-essential overseas travel such as tourism, and all international visitors, including those from the US, are still required to fill in a passenger locator form online before entering the state. Hotels, guesthouses, and B&Bs may remain open, but only for essential non-social and non-tourist purposes as there is a stay at home order in place for everyone, so now may not be the time to try and relocate. Currently, all passengers arriving into Ireland are required to have a negative/’not detected’ result from a pre-departure COVID-19 PCR test carried out no more than 72 hours prior to arrival in Ireland and all travelers from countries outside Europe will have to self-isolate for 14 days upon arrival irrespective of having a negative PCR test result.

Sorry about all of the many different links, but it is a more complicated process than just coming over for a wee holiday! :)

You mentioned possibly having Irish ancestors, have you started to trace your ancestry on the island of Ireland?  There is a lovely thread here on the community regarding Ireland Family History with some great ideas and tips.

Hopefully, some of our members will be able to help with advice too.

Martin