Travel restrictions

Travel restrictions

Author

Posted Tue 9 Feb 2021 10:05 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 7
United States
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 16 Aug 2021 8:52 PM Visits: 26
I know you can't answer when the travel restrictions will be lifted, and I have checked the gov.ie for Ireland regarding what is in place now but I am not sure if I should continue planning my family trip in September of this year or not. I already have booked airfare, car hire, hotel reservations, and some of the tours we are wanting to take but not sure if I should continue to book other tours or not. Just asking for your opinion as I got information from an Ireland resident that works in hospitality that the government is not planning any tourism for the rest of this year but will resume in 2022.  I am reaching for a little ray of hope as there is so much planned already around this September trip. 
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 10 Feb 2021 9:51 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 22 Apr 2024 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hello,

Many thanks for the question, the quick answer is, we don't know what the situation will be like in September!

Things globally are still quite affected by the pandemic and international travel is something that is becoming increasingly discouraged. There are regular changes to the situation and we can only suggest that you continue to check the official websites of the GOV.ie and also our own traveler health page which includes the various links to information.

If your existing bookings allow for cancellations and refunds then hold tight, we wouldn't necessarily recommend making new ones unless these too allow for full refunds. Also, we would suggest taking out travel and health insurance before travel, check the terms and conditions regarding cancellations, refunds and delays.

Hopefully, things will ease by September, it has been a long time for us all to be unable to see the beauty of the island of Ireland.

Keep in touch with us as the time gets closer, we would love to hear about your special family trip!

Fingers crossed! 🤞