Bus from Shannon to Dublin

Bus from Shannon to Dublin

Author
Posted Wed 17 Feb 2021 6:24 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
United States
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sat 13 Aug 2022 2:39 AM Visits: 24
Hello! My name is Anna, and I'm excited by taking my first trip to Ireland later this year! I'll be finishing my trip in Shannon, but I'll be returning to a hotel in Dublin before flying out the next day. Can anyone help with suggesting transportation from the Shannon Airport to downtown Dublin? Thank you for your time, and have a lovely day!
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 18 Feb 2021 10:49 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Anna, 

It's so exciting you're thinking of going on your first trip at the end of the year, and I'm so happy to hear you've chosen Ireland as your destination! :) 

If you'd like to travel by public transport, you can hop on a bus at Shannon Airport to Limerick, and from there choose to travel by bus or train to Dublin. The train is a wee bit faster (about an hour), but when you travel by bus you get to see a lot of the lovely towns along the way. 

Transport for Ireland has a helpful Journey Planner that tells you exactly which bus to take and where to switch services. You can also download their app so you can check everything while travelling. 

It sounds like you've got most of your itinerary all planned out, but if you'd like a few more suggestions or tips, check out these Trip Ideas. You can also find more information about the current situation around Covid-19 on the Traveller Health page. At the moment the authorities advise against all unnecessary travel but keep a close eye on that page for updates. 

I hope this was helpful, but please let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know! :) 

Melin

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 14 Mar 2021 12:29 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 8
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 16 Oct 2023 5:04 PM Visits: 496
Hi!
Ireland have a verry good network of Public Transport:
By train & busses (local+Express) by the state companies.  www.irishrail.ie   /  www.buseireann.ie
And also a many coaches of private owners driving you direct from Dublin Airport to the other side of the Isle. (with only Pick-up calls @ the Dublin City centre, and Drop off only by return).
We have verry good vibes with GoBus on the Dublin-Airport - Galway route and Kavanaghs Coaches on the Dublin - Kilkenny route

A verry good Short term travel link:
just an wild shot: https://getthere.ie/shannon-dublin/25-Mar

Fast connection (Winter/covid timing):
Depart Shannon  7:43 - Limerick change arr. 8:37 (walk) by www.buseireann.ie
Dep. Limerick 8:55  (Irish Rail Limerick-Dublin Heuston Intercity service) 10:56 by www.irishrail.ie

Slower:
Dep. Shannon: 8:10 - Ennis arr. 8:40 by www.buseireann.ie
Dep. Ennis: 9:00 - 12:30 Dublin Bachelors Walk by www.dublincoach.ie
Suc6!

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 14 Mar 2021 2:05 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)
Island of Ireland
Hi Jan, 

This is super helpful, thanks so much for sharing your recommendations! :) 

Wishing you a lovely Sunday, 

Melin
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 14 Mar 2021 3:57 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 8
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 16 Oct 2023 5:04 PM Visits: 496
You're Welcome!
It's just a hobby.
As member of the board (non proffit) "Vlaanderen-Ierland FV", i'm going over IRL tourism and celtic events @ Belgium.
(Manny thanks to Danielle and her team for the supports from Brussels)
Since 1988, i had the luck to visit the Emerald isle about 25 times now:
Fly & drive / Fly & public transport / FR-IRL seabridges direct par ferry / Rail 'n sail (as Belgian traindriver, i have once a year a free ticket for Irish Rail & ferry)

It's easy to make a dubble city-trip by busses/coaches.
For who don't like to drive 'on the other side': It's not necessary to rent a car for spent a lovely week @ the Isle!:
1 single ticket Dublin Airport - Dublin City: www.dublinairport.com/to-from-the-airport/by-bus/dublin-buses
1 single ticket from Dublin City to the another city
1 single ticket from .... - Dublin Airport direct www.dublinairport.com/to-from-the-airport/by-bus/national-coach-services
(or you go first to the another city and travelling back via Dublin-City, or you can preferred 2 other city's direct and makes the link )

The Dublin Airport Bus station is @ the front of the old T1 terminal (walk between block's A & B)
https://www.dublinairport.com/at-the-airport/facilities/maps
https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/14-03-2021/afc73bed-8ab1-480d-94b4-b5b5.jpg

May the road rise to meet you!
Jan

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 14 Mar 2021 4:10 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Island of Ireland
Hi Jan, 

It's wonderful to see that you have 25 years of experience travelling around the Emerald Isle! 😀 I am sure your expertise and knowledge will come in handy for other travellers planning their trips. 

It's also great that you have travelled so much by rail! Do you have a favourite route? 🚂

Thanks again, and we're always here if you have any questions. 

Melin