I'm staying in Dublin for a week and I'm wondering what other places I will have time to see

I'm staying in Dublin for a week and I'm wondering what other places I...

Author
Posted Wed 24 Feb 2021 2:07 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
As Ireland's capital city, Dublin is the perfect place to base yourself when visiting the Emerald Isle. 
While the city itself has plenty of incredible sights to see and things to do that could keep you going for weeks, it is always nice to get out of the city to see other parts of the island.
There are plenty of easy day trips from Dublin to places like Malahide, Glendalough, Howth, and Belfast. Thanks to Ireland's small size, it is easy to drive between cities within a matter of hours and see plenty of places in just one day.
There are also a number of day tours from Dublin that are well worth taking to places such as Newgrange, the Giant's Causeway, and the iconic Cliffs of Moher.

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 24 Feb 2021 2:49 PM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 2:22 PM Visits: 658
Hi Katrina,

Thanks for your question and your interesting suggestions for exploring Dublin and the island of Ireland as a whole.

For my own part, I would recommend a tour of Croke Park, the home of the Gaelic Athletic Association and the third-largest stadium in Europe. The Skyline Croke Park tour offers incredible views of Dublin and of the pitch below.

As you mentioned, places like Howth and Malahide are easy to reach from the centre of Dublin and make for great days-out. Further afield, the Ring of Kerry is a stunning 179km-long, circular route around the Iveragh Peninsula that is hugely popular with visitors.

Whatever you choose to do in Dublin or the island of Ireland, we're sure that you will have an amazing experience.

Regards,
Eoin