Modulate August 2021?

Modulate August 2021?

Author
Posted Sat 13 Mar 2021 5:58 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Family and I have booked tours and lodging for 22 August through 3_September.
We are hopeful that everything Covid will be a thing of the past by then.
But what do the people in the know say?
Will we be able to travel the country, sample the cuisine, see the sights and visit the pubs freely by then?

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 13 Mar 2021 8:01 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hello John,

Thank you for reaching out for clarification regarding this difficult situation. While I would love to provide you with firm assurances of when you’ll be able to visit freely, I’m afraid that I’m just not able to confidently say what the state of travel may look like in the near future. The current situation is still evolving, meaning that information may be subject to change.

While our airports and ferry ports are open, the authorities in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland are currently strongly advising against non-essential overseas travel.

At this time, please be advised that both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland are also advising against non-essential overseas travel. So, while our airports and ferry ports are open, international travel is strongly discouraged. Additionally, all international visitors are required to fill in a passenger locator form, (Northern Ireland) online before entering the state, as well as to present a negative Covid-19 PCR test taken not longer than 72 hours before departure (Republic of Ireland), (Northern Ireland). In addition to this, all international visitors entering the island are requested to restrict their movements for a number of days (Republic of Ireland: 14 days) (Northern Ireland: 10 days) as well as some other public health requirements.

What I would recommend is that you continue to check the official websites, like our traveller health page, where all of the official updates are provided. Hopefully, this helps try to explain the situation. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!