USA Family Reunion Booked June 2021 Dingle - Can we go?

USA Family Reunion Booked June 2021 Dingle - Can we go?

Author
Posted Mon 15 Mar 2021 3:30 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
My husband and I have our 40th wedding anniversary this summer 2021. July 2020 we decided to take our adult children and grand children (1 and 3 yr old) on a 8 day family vacation in Dingle.
Flights book and house booked. Just last week all of the adults have had their second vaccine (4 in healthcare) .

Do you think we can go? I still have May to cancel but it is not looking good.

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 15 Mar 2021 7:34 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Katie,

What a wonderful plan to celebrate this very special milestone! I completely understand you'd like to have more certainty and information on if you'll be able to go on your wedding anniversary trip this summer. 💚

While I would love to provide you with firm assurances of when you’ll be able to visit freely, I’m afraid that I’m just not able to confidently say what the state of travel may look like in the near future. The current situation is still evolving, meaning that information may be subject to change. 

While our airports and ferry ports are open, the authorities in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland are currently strongly advising against non-essential overseas travel. There are regular changes to the situation, and I can only suggest that you continue to check the official websites of the Irish government and Northern Irish government, as well as our own traveller health page which includes the various links to information.

If your existing bookings allow for cancellations and refunds then hold tight, we wouldn't necessarily recommend making new ones unless these too allow for full refunds. Also, we would suggest taking out travel and health insurance before travel and checking the terms and conditions regarding cancellations, refunds and delays.

I wholeheartedly hope that we will get to welcome you and your family for your special trip this summer, and in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out if there is anything else you'd like to know. 

Warm wishes, 

Melin

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 16 Mar 2021 12:07 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Thank Melin - We will wait until May to see if we need to cancel. I have called United Airlines and they will put the full cost of flight on credit.
Our Airbnb cancellation policy in Dingle is 50%.

I hope we can go - but we are in a difficult situation.
Katie

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 16 Mar 2021 12:22 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Katie, 

I'm so glad your flights and half of your accommodation can be refunded. I really hope for good news this summer, and please feel free to send a message if you'd like more news from the Emerald Isle. 

For now, we would love to invite you to the virtual St. Patrick's Day events taking place all over the island tomorrow to bring a bit of Ireland to you. ☘️

Melin