When is "7:00 (ET)"?

When is "7:00 (ET)"?

Author
Posted Tue 16 Mar 2021 8:28 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
That is the time given for the St Patrick's Day celebration.
https://www.ireland.com/en-us/features/st-patricks-day-at-home/#
Is that "Eire Time", "Estimated Time"?? (I was pretty sure you use GMT ...)

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 16 Mar 2021 12:21 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 4
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 17 Sep 2021 11:09 AM Visits: 39
Hi,

Though I love the idea of "Eire Time", ET stands for EST here.

Is it safe to say that you will be joining us tomorrow?

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 16 Mar 2021 12:56 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Well, EST is an American time zone, which is why I am confused:

Also known as: ET – Eastern Time , NAEST – North American Eastern Standard Time 
Eastern Standard Time (EST) is 5 hours behind Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). This time zone is in use during standard time in: North America, Caribbean, Central America.
https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/est

- I am pretty sure you are in UTC, also known as GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). Since a lot of Irish Americans love St Patrick's Day, wouldn't it be important to make sure they don't come 5 hours too late to the party?
I will be promoting it to friends here in Sweden (when I know what time it will be!). Here we are in the UTC+1, or GMT+1 time zone, so 7 pm your time is 8 pm here.

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 16 Mar 2021 1:15 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
I understand the confusion. Actually, the link you have is tailored to our US friends.
Knowing the different time zones, we will be showcasing St Patrick's events at different times, but nothing stops you from join-in at the same time as your friend in Sweden.

If you would like to promote the event and join at the same time as your friends in Sweden, here is the link for them with the time in CET (UTC/GMT+1). 

I hope this helps. 🙂

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 16 Mar 2021 1:24 PM
View Quick Profile
Oh, I see! That's great - I'll use that link instead.
Thanks for your help, Elodie!
:-)

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 16 Mar 2021 1:34 PM
View Quick Profile
Always happy to help!

I wish you and your friend a Happy St Patrick's Day. 

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/16-03-2021/069ce1aa-f352-4ba4-a274-428f.gif

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 18 Mar 2021 10:32 AM
View Quick Profile
Thanks Elodie - it was a great party!
Please delete this post though, as it was just an administrative question about last night. I don't think it will help any visitors to Ireland.

Could I just suggest putting your own time zone on the ad for your next online event - that US link bounced around and found its way to us in Sweden, so it's impossible to ensure the right people get the intended link. Since you are on Universal Time, UTC, the universe can adapt to you.  :)

Tabhair aire,
Catriona

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 18 Mar 2021 5:06 PM
View Quick Profile
Hi Catriona,

I'm so glad you all enjoyed it!
I will make sure to pass on your great idea about the time-zone on our website.

I will remove this thread at the end of the week.

Do not hesitate to join other threads. We love to chat about anything Ireland. It doesn't need to be informative; we are here as well to enjoy the "craic." 😉