Don't miss out on Cork City's laziest fishermen experience ... ;-)

Don't miss out on Cork City's laziest fishermen experience ... ;-)

Author
Posted Sat 20 Mar 2021 1:59 PM
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
I'm into this (205 reputation)I'm into this (205 reputation)I'm into this (205 reputation)I'm into this (205 reputation)I'm into this (205 reputation)I'm into this (205 reputation)I'm into this (205 reputation)I'm into this (205 reputation)I'm into this (205 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 11
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 27 Oct 2023 5:03 PM Visits: 58
If you are coming to Ireland. Then you'll have to see the real capital, Cork city.

Among Cork's many hidden gems is this free experience with the English Market, grey herons on Grand Parade (Cork's central street).

If you've got an alarm clock and a few pieces of fish. Then you'll be best of friends with these early-risers.

Say hello to Paul from K. O. Connell's fishmongers in the English Market while you are at it. He's another early riser. Though he's rarely up before the herons.

If you have a spare minute. My video/blog on my regular encounters with these aviary bad boys and girls on their fishing expedition in Cork city center is worth a watch IMO...

English Market Grey Herons
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 23 Mar 2021 11:19 AM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (774 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 12
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 29 Sep 2022 6:05 PM Visits: 1.4K
That is so interesting, Dara. They're the first customers of the market! The most impressive thing is that they don't come on Sundays or bank holidays. Really goes to show how intelligent animals are. I can't wait to see them myself.

Thank you for sharing this awesome video.
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 23 Mar 2021 2:41 PM
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
I'm into this (205 reputation)I'm into this (205 reputation)I'm into this (205 reputation)I'm into this (205 reputation)I'm into this (205 reputation)I'm into this (205 reputation)I'm into this (205 reputation)I'm into this (205 reputation)I'm into this (205 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 11
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 27 Oct 2023 5:03 PM Visits: 58
Thanks David. If you'll pardon the puns.

From heron out, I'll be feeding these guys regulary.

Chalk feeding the English Market grey herons off your bucket list and die with no egrets.

;-)