Driving

Driving

Author
Posted Fri 26 Mar 2021 10:56 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I am 76 years old and very mobile have a valid Florida drivers license is it true that Ireland won’t allow me to drive at my age.
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 29 Mar 2021 10:52 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 11:23 AM Visits: 10.1K
Hello Bob,

It's great that you are considering a road-trip to discover Ireland!

In some cases, car rental companies require drivers over 75 to provide a printed medical certificate which states that they are fit to drive. Other travelers had a similar question, which you can find on this thread.

We hope to welcome you here when the time is right. In the meantime, I'd love to hear more about the itinerary you had in mind for your road-trip.

Cheers,