Looking for my history

Looking for my history

Author
Posted Thu 6 May 2021 7:21 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 6 May 2021 7:31 PM Visits: 5
My grandfather is named
Henry Joseph kinlan or Magee, it's been a long 40 years doing this search I'm 60 now and I been looking this long. Of course my siblings thinks it's crazy. I feel very close to so please help close thos hold on my 

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 7 May 2021 11:44 AM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 2:22 PM Visits: 658
Hello Kathleen,

It's great to hear that you are researching your Irish roots. Hopefully, I can provide you with some information that will help you in your search.

Some helpful information to keep in mind during your research: Before 1864 records were kept in the form of church and parish records;
While some of these have regrettably been lost over the years, all the surviving records have been sorted into county-based genealogical centers.

In 1864 civil registration was introduced in Ireland, which is when we started seeing the formal registration of births, marriages, adoptions, and deaths.
These records have been kept at the General Register Office of Ireland (GRO), to this day.

Would you happen to know the year or location of your grandfather's birth? This information may help to narrow your search and shed more light on your Irish roots.

Regards,
Eoin