Bike trip with children

Bike trip with children

Author
Posted Tue 18 May 2021 11:32 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 19 May 2021 7:55 PM Visits: 5
Dear all,
I would like to travel by bike in August with my 3 kids for 3 weeks.
I plan to take a boat from France.
I would thus like to know :

- which route do you recommend me  ?
- Do you know if there are any space dedicated to bikes in the Irish trains ?

Thanking you so much in advance.

Best regards.

Soizic

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 18 May 2021 5:35 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (1.2K reputation)Community Expert (1.2K reputation)Community Expert (1.2K reputation)Community Expert (1.2K reputation)Community Expert (1.2K reputation)Community Expert (1.2K reputation)Community Expert (1.2K reputation)Community Expert (1.2K reputation)Community Expert (1.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 16
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 30 Dec 2021 6:47 PM Visits: 722
Hello Soizic!

It's good to hear that you are interested in visiting our green isle with your family in August! ☘️

Will you be traveling with your own bikes or do you want to rent bikes?
If you take the train, there are bicycle spaces or bicycle carriage facilities, based on the train services. Irish Rail has a handy online guide that covers everything on the topic.

To get you started, I suggest you to visit our page about cycling in Ireland, for great tips!
To give you some ideas, you can also check our page about 6 great cycling routes around Ireland.

There are as well some community posts on cycling trails and coastal cycling routes that you may also wish to take a look at : 
Cycling Trails
Coastal cycling routes

Please note, regarding the current situation, it is difficult to say if Ireland will be welcoming overseas visitors by August.
I encourage you to keep an eye on our Traveller’s health page for news and updates, as well as links to other resources.

Feel free to reply in French as well, if you prefer! 😊

Weena

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 19 May 2021 7:59 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 19 May 2021 7:55 PM Visits: 5
Dear Weena,

Thank you very much for your reply !
I really appreciate.
I will look into your suggestions.
I will certainly have many questions afterwards.
Indeed, regarding the actual context, I am not sure that this trip will be possible this summer...
I keep my fingers crossed !
King regards.
Soizic

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 20 May 2021 5:15 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (1.2K reputation)Community Expert (1.2K reputation)Community Expert (1.2K reputation)Community Expert (1.2K reputation)Community Expert (1.2K reputation)Community Expert (1.2K reputation)Community Expert (1.2K reputation)Community Expert (1.2K reputation)Community Expert (1.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 16
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 30 Dec 2021 6:47 PM Visits: 722
Thanks for your reply, Soizic! 😊  Don't hesitate to reach out anytime, I will be very happy to help if you have any questions! 
l will keep my fingers crossed for you too! 🤞

Weena