Travel to Ireland Re-Covid

Travel to Ireland Re-Covid

Author
Posted Fri 21 May 2021 1:50 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 21 May 2021 9:13 PM Visits: 5
Hi, Please help - I am totally confused as to whether or not I can travel to Northern Ireland and thereafter the South in June for my holiday

The latest guidance is totally confusing regarding the Common Travel Area where I have reread no isolation required for CTA travellers and also with full vaccination proof, whilst another item says self isolation for 10 days is still to be done from May 24th

As we are travelling from England by ferry to Northern Ireland and by road to Southern Ireland we think we can do the trip after the 24th May but are not sure

Can anyone help please 

Many thanks 

Paul H
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 21 May 2021 7:06 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 12:42 PM Visits: 1.6K
Hi Paul,

Thank you for reaching out with this question! 

At this time, both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland advise against non-essential travel. There may still be restrictions in place that may impact your visit. 

Part of the reason for this confusion may be because things are evolving periodically regarding travel both to and from the island of Ireland. So, it can be tricky to predict changes in the guidelines ahead of time - a bit like trying to forecast the weather. The state of travel may look very different in June.

What I would recommend is keeping an eye on our traveller health page. You can keep on top of the current situation and recent changes by following helpful links to the governments’ guidelines. There's also a very helpful page on NiDirect's official website regarding the May 24th change, which you may find helpful. 

I sincerely hope that this helps to clarify some of the rules and regulations. As of right now, travel is still strongly discouraged and there may be changes to this information in the near future, so I'd recommend keeping an eye on our website for any news or updates.

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Kindly,
Rochelle
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 21 May 2021 9:14 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 21 May 2021 9:13 PM Visits: 5
Hi Rochelle
Thanks for the reply and let’s hope things change in time for our trip to what looks to be a great place and people to visit
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 22 May 2021 6:15 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 2
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 24 May 2021 5:50 AM Visits: 8
Dear Ireland loving friends,
Me and my wife have a holiday planned in Donegal this summer. We had to cancel ths trip last year, but hope to be able to come this year with the EU Covid travel pasport coming by 1st July. We have had Covid and are fully vaccinated. The plan is to rent a car at Dublin airport and drive to Donegal. What can we expect? Do we still have to go into quarantaine even if we are sure not to be carrying the virus and will have the QR code?? 
We are so much looking fw to be back in gorgeous Ireland.
erik

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 24 May 2021 9:18 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 22 Apr 2024 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Dag Erik!

It's great to hear that you have a trip to Ireland planned this summer and I hope it will go through this time.

At this stage, it's still difficult to say how the EU Digital Covid Certificate will be implemented for travel to and from the Republic of Ireland.

For now, I can only suggest that you keep an eye on our traveller health page. You can follow links to the governments’ websites, where changes regarding the certificate and travel restrictions might be announced.

Feel free to come back to us if you have any questions regarding your road trip to Donegal. 

Vriendelijke groeten,

Antoine