Misinformation Abounds

Misinformation Abounds

Author
Posted Sat 22 May 2021 3:09 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sat 22 May 2021 3:35 AM Visits: 4
So I know this isn't an opportune time to travel to Ireland.  However I'm from the USA, traveling to Italy to get married in late June and it had been my dream to honeymoon in Ireland in July.  This is kind of my "last chance" to travel to Ireland.  I understand that there won't be a lot of things open and I won't be able to see a lot of things.  I just feel like if I don't go now, I never will.  So that being said, me and my spouse are fully vaccinated with Moderna and Pfizer, if we take the 72 hour required test in Italy, will we be exempt from the mandatory quarantine?

Been checking airline pages, tourism Ireland, and the Ireland government sites and I'm getting conflicting stories.  Hoping someone can set the record straight here.

Thanks, Casey Ryan 
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 24 May 2021 9:11 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hello Casey,

First of all, congratulations on your future wedding! We are delighted to hear that you've always wanted to visit the Emerald Isle too.

Things are evolving periodically regarding travel both to and from the island, so it can be tricky to predict changes in the guidelines ahead of time. Always check the date of changes on the websites to be sure they are up to date.

Currently, passengers still have to self isolate upon arrival, but you will avoid the mandatory hotel quarantine with proof of vaccination. It is also mandatory to fill up a passenger locator form and show proof of negative/non-detected RT-PCR Covid-19 test of less than 72 hours. this will need to be taken in Italy.

For now, I can only suggest you stay up to date using our traveler's health page. You can keep on top of the current situation and recent changes by following helpful links to the governments’ guidelines. There are plans to remove some public health guidance in the future months so hopefully, you will be able to visit some more places while here.

We’ve been waiting patiently to greet all our friends with open arms and hope to be able to welcome you this July.

Best wishes,

Martin