Electronics in Ireland

Electronics in Ireland

Author
Posted Mon 21 Jun 2021 4:57 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 21 Jun 2021 4:54 PM Visits: 1
Hello everyone,
I will arrive in Dublin on 26th of June and I was wondering if I could bring my PS5 with me.
I'm gonna stay for a year and it would be useful sometimes to have it.

Can I bring it without paying any taxes or else?
Thanks in advance
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 22 Jun 2021 9:12 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hi Bryann,

We can see why you would want to bring your PS5 with you as you are staying for a whole year!

Even though it is for personal use and belongs to you, it may still attract Customs duty and VAT. We would suggest contacting the Revenue service as they will be able to advise you on the classification and forms required.

As you have not mentioned where you are coming from, please check the power connection/charger needed too.

Please also be aware of the current public health requirements. The best place to stay up to date is our traveller health page. You can keep on top of the current situation and recent changes by following helpful links to the governments’ guidelines.

Regards,

Martin