Traveling from Germany (9th of July)

Traveling from Germany (9th of July)

Author
Posted Mon 28 Jun 2021 9:02 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 29 Jun 2021 3:06 PM Visits: 3
Good evening,
I‘m planning to travel to Ireland from the 9th of July until the 15th of July. I‘m from Germany and until now i didn’t really get it if I need to do the 14 day quarantine or not (i haven’t been traveling to any other country for over a year). 😄 I am fully vaccinated if that changes anything. Can anyone help me out with my confusion?

Kind regards,
Philipp
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 29 Jun 2021 10:34 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 18
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 22 Apr 2024 10:48 PM Visits: 25.8K
Hallo Philipp,

Yes, I’m afraid that until the 19th of July, everyone arriving in the Republic of Ireland is legally required to complete a 14-day home quarantine. This quarantine must be carried out at the address provided on the “COVID-19 Passenger Locator Form”, which you have to fill in before you arrive. On the fifth day of your quarantine, you can take a Covid test and if the result is negative and you have written evidence of that, you may end the quarantine. Even though you say you are fully vaccinated, you are still required to quarantine at the moment.

Don’t forget that you will also need to take a COVID-19 RT-PCR test (only this type of test is acceptable) before your departure, but no more than 72 hours before your arrival in the Republic of Ireland. The negative / “not proven” test result will have to be shown before boarding the plane and upon arrival to the authorities in the Republic of Ireland. This applies also to those who have been fully vaccinated.

Please also remember that government advice is currently still to avoid non-essential travel, and related penalties will remain in place until the 18th of July.
Things are evolving periodically, and we encourage you to check out our traveller health page and to keep up to date with the latest government guidelines by following the links to the official government sites.

Viele liebe Grüße von der grünen Insel! 😊

Rebecca
Dein Team von der Irlandinformation ☘️

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 29 Jun 2021 3:10 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 29 Jun 2021 3:06 PM Visits: 3
Hi Rebbeca,

thank your for the prompt reply. I guess we will have to postpone our vacation. But maybe the situation will get better soon. :-)

Kind regards,
Philipp
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 29 Jun 2021 5:26 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (1.5K reputation)Community Expert (1.5K reputation)Community Expert (1.5K reputation)Community Expert (1.5K reputation)Community Expert (1.5K reputation)Community Expert (1.5K reputation)Community Expert (1.5K reputation)Community Expert (1.5K reputation)Community Expert (1.5K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Tue 16 Apr 2024 4:56 PM Visits: 10.5K
Hi Phillipp, 

We understand your concerns and decision. 
However, even if it is disappointing now, we look forward to welcoming you back to our Emerald Isle in the future. Better days will come and Ireland will welcome you with open arms once again. 😊☘️

Mit lieben Grüßen von der grünen Insel, 
Cindy