Travel from US/Canada Early August

Travel from US/Canada Early August

Author
Posted Wed 30 Jun 2021 3:07 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 30 Jun 2021 8:40 PM Visits: 2
Hi, I saw the government's announcement yesterday, confirming that international travel should resume on July 19th and Ireland will operate the EU Digital COVID Certificate (DCC) for travel originating within the EU/EEA. In a previous announcement on June 1, the international travel section also included travelers from a third country (particularly US and UK), and this section has since disappeared. My friends and I have booked trips to Dublin at the beginning of August, after we saw the June 1st announcement and other promotional materials by the Irish tourism board that vaccinated individuals will not need to quarantine. We are in US and Canada. All of us are fully vaccinated. I am wondering if I should cancel the trip, since the latest move suggest that the July 19 international travel will only be open to those travelling within Europe.
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 1 Jul 2021 1:55 PM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 4 hours ago Visits: 661
Hello Michelle,

It's good to hear that you have been planning a trip to Ireland. I know that these are difficult times and with the continually evolving situation, it can be hard to make concrete plans with regard to travel.

I understand that the ever-changing situation can be scary when you have booked your holiday and unfortunately it's not possible to give you more information at this time other than to keep an eye on the Traveller Health page on the Ireland.com website.

I hope that you will be able to travel to Ireland with your friends very soon; everyone here is very excited to be able to welcome our overseas friends back when the time is right.

Regards,
Eoin