Los O'Neale

Los O'Neale

Author
Posted Mon 5 Jul 2021 9:47 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 8
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 5 Jul 2021 5:20 PM Visits: 114
My family emigrated from Ireland in 1700. They settled in southern Spain. Now we are a community of more than 100 people. And we are thinking of traveling to Ireland to know our roots.
I would like you to help me define which are the places I should visit, to know the most of the O'Neale.
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 5 Jul 2021 1:23 PM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 2:22 PM Visits: 658
Hello,

I'd love to see what I can do to help you find out more about your roots. 

Here you can find some information about the Oneal surname and its early origins.

Some helpful information to keep in mind during your research: Before 1864 records were kept in the form of church and parish records; while some of these have regrettably been lost over the years, all the surviving records have been sorted into county-based genealogical centres

In 1864 civil registration was introduced in Ireland, which is when we started seeing the formal registration of births, marriages, adoptions and deaths. These records have been kept at the General Register Office of Ireland (GRO), to this day.

I also recommend that you check out the Irish Genealogy page on the Ireland.com website for more tips and advice on tracking down your Irish roots.

I hope this information will prove helpful and I wish you all the best.

Regards,
Eoin