Visit Ireland from 19th July

Visit Ireland from 19th July

Author
Posted Tue 13 Jul 2021 9:39 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 14 Jul 2021 3:54 PM Visits: 8
Hi, I live in UK and wishes to visit the Republic of Ireland from Monday the 19th July. The Irish website is unclear whether vaccinated tourists coming from UK will face any restriction. Could anyone provide further clarity on it?
Many thanks,

Jean VLC
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 14 Jul 2021 12:19 PM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (776 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 12
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 29 Sep 2022 6:05 PM Visits: 1.4K
Hello Jean,

It is great to know you want to visit Ireland.
As of now,  Ireland will broadly align itself to the EU approach to non-essential travel to the EU from third countries. This means that if you are already vaccinated and no emergency brakes have been applied to the UK, you will not need to isolate or present a test. However, if an emergency brake has been applied, you will need to self-isolate, provide a negative RT-PCR test and take a post arrival test. An emergency brake is an EU measure coordinated to react swiftly to the emergence of a variant of concern or variant of interest of the virus.

You can find more details about these new measures on the government website.

I hope this is all clear and let me know if you have another question.

Have a great day,

David.
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 14 Jul 2021 3:55 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 14 Jul 2021 3:54 PM Visits: 8
Hi David,
Thanks for your reply. Fully aligned with you but can’t see anywhere whether an emergency brake has been applied to UK. So I still don’t know if i will face any restrictions from the 19th of July even if fully vaccinated. Ireland government website does not provide any clarity either. Are you aware whether further clarity be provided this week or a reference website which confirm which country is on « emergency brake »?

Thank you

Jean VLC
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 14 Jul 2021 8:55 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 3 hours ago Visits: 76.1K
Hello Jean,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Unfortunately, it's difficult to say whether an emergency brake will be applied or not to travelers from the UK by July 19. At this stage, it is still planned that restrictions will ease by this date.

I can only suggest to keep an eye on the government website prior to your trip as countries can be added at short notice.

I hope this helps!

Antoine