Horseback riding in Connemara

Horseback riding in Connemara

Author
Posted Thu 15 Jul 2021 5:49 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 15 Jul 2021 8:06 PM Visits: 3
Hi,

We‘ll be in a cottage at Lough Mask in county Mayo the first week of August (if COVID allows). We will make day trips to the surrounding of course (any special hints?).
As my wife loves horses she would like to do some horseback riding, preferably on the famous Connemara Ponies. While she and my daughter have some riding experience, my son and I nearly have none, so would be good to have someone handguiding the horses for us.
Does anybody know a good place to go to for this?

Thanks,
Kai
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 15 Jul 2021 3:10 PM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (774 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 12
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 29 Sep 2022 6:05 PM Visits: 1.4K
Hi Kai,

That is a fantastic plan. Connemara ponies are wonderful and there are several options both for beginners and advanced riders. Some options include:
Also, on the article on Equestrian holidays on the ireland.com website, there is plenty of information about horse-related activities in Ireland.

I hope you find this information useful.

Have a great day,

David