Visiting

Visiting

Author
Posted Thu 15 Jul 2021 2:39 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 8
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 15 Jul 2021 2:39 PM Visits: 184
In 1973 I married a beautiful Irish Colleen. Sadly in 2018 she went to heaven. As per her request we buried her ashes in Irish soil in Co Monaghan. I haven’t been able to visit her since March last year. I am double vaccinated and would be staying with family. Am I able to come across from the UK and would I have to isolate?
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 15 Jul 2021 4:53 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 12:42 PM Visits: 1.6K
Hello Eddy,

Thank you for reaching out with this question.

I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss and know how important it is for you to stop by and visit again. I'd be happy to help answer a few of your questions.

To start, what I'd recommend is to keep an eye on our Traveller health page for news and updates, as well as links to other resources for the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. July 19th is the next important milestone for planned changes to international travel guidance, information can be found on our page with links to official pages as well.

As you've been fully vaccinated, you won't have to self-quarantine nor do you have to undergo any travel-related tests. I'd recommend checking this government resource, which has more information about travel from the UK to Ireland.

In addition, to protect its citizens against the importation of variants, an ‘emergency brake’ mechanism will be coordinated at EU level, to react swiftly to the emergence of a variant of concern or variant of interest. Government advice will be to avoid travel to/from a country where the ‘emergency brake’ has been applied. If this is not applied from the country you are travelling from then you are okay to enter with just the DCC.

I do hope that this helps to answer a few of your questions. If you need any more advice or information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindly,
Rochelle
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 9 Oct 2021 6:29 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 2
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sat 9 Oct 2021 6:29 PM Visits: 2
I am looking at coming to Dublin, Ireland the last week of December and leaving New Year's day.
The only real tourist thing I definitely want to do is a brewery or distillery tour. What are some recommendations?
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 10 Oct 2021 1:24 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 7 Aug 2022 10:39 AM Visits: 689
Hi there, Tamaria,

I am thrilled that you are thinking of visiting our Emerald Isle before the year is out! Is this your first trip to our shores?

I would certainly recommend the Guinness Storehouse for a brewery tour. You are also able to enjoy a drink included in the price of your ticket at the end of your tour! Another popular distillery to visit in Dublin would be the Jameson Distillery on Bow Street. Both of these tours I would recommend booking online, in advance. 🍺🥃 

If you are looking for some other things to do when in the Fair City, then I would love to recommend that you check out this trip idea on exploring Dublin in 72 hours!

I hope that links provide you with some inspiration to begin planning your trip but please do give us a shout, should you need anything else. 😊 

Wishing you a lovely day,
Aimee