Proof of negative RT-PCR test

Proof of negative RT-PCR test

Author
Posted Wed 21 Jul 2021 3:25 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 9
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 21 Jul 2021 4:58 PM Visits: 223
I am a citizen of the United States of America. I am fully vaccinated and I have CDC certification. I am traveling to Ireland to visit my son. As of today (July 21, 2021) Do I need proof of negative RT-PCR test?
Thank you.
B.R. Patel
Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 21 Jul 2021 4:46 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 12:42 PM Visits: 1.6K
Hello B.R.,

Thank you for reaching out with this question. I'd be more than happy to help answer a few of your questions. 

To start, what I'd recommend is to take a peek at our Traveller Health page, which provides helpful information about traveling to the Emerald Isle, as well as links to other resources for the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.

At the moment, if you're planning to visit the Republic of Ireland then you don’t have to undergo travel-related testing or a quarantine period. You will, however, be required to fill out your Passenger Locator Form and provide proof of your vaccination status. 

Of course, this may be subject to change. To protect its citizens against the importation of variants, an ‘emergency brake’ mechanism will be coordinated at EU level, to react swiftly to the emergence of a variant of concern or variant of interest. Government advice will be to avoid travel to/from a country where the ‘emergency brake’ has been applied. 

By contrast, Northern Ireland has implemented a system of green, red, and amber countries, with different precautions in place for nations in each classification. At the moment, the United States is categorized as an amber country, and I'd recommend reading his helpful government article for more information about what that means and how it may impact your visit. 

I do hope that this information helps and strongly recommend keeping an eye on these resources to ensure that if the situation changes, you'll be up-to-date with the best information possible.

Kindly,
Rochelle
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 21 Jul 2021 4:58 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 9
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 21 Jul 2021 4:58 PM Visits: 223
Thank you very much Rochelle for the response. I was scheduling my PCR test. Glade to know I don't need PCR test.
I have fill out and have approval of the Passenger Locator Form, 
Love to visit your country.
B.R. Patel
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 22 Jul 2021 2:11 PM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 2:33 PM Visits: 660
Hi B.R.,

It's good to hear that you are planning a trip to Ireland. Further to the excellent advice that Rochelle provided, I would encourage you to check out this very useful Planning Your Trip Checklist on our Community.

As regards your plans for Ireland, should you need any inspiration with planning your itinerary, you'll find great trip ideas on the Ireland.com website. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to ask!

Regards,
Eoin