Trekking in Ireland during the pandemic

Trekking in Ireland during the pandemic

Author
Posted Mon 26 Jul 2021 6:00 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 26 Jul 2021 5:59 PM Visits: 2
Hello
I want to walk the Dingle Way in September. You can only enter one address in the passenger locator form, but I will go to several addresses on the hike.
Question: Do I have to stay at one address all the time or can I go on vacation as planned?
P.S. I am vaccinated
Greetings Martin
Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 27 Jul 2021 3:02 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 18
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Tue 16 Apr 2024 11:23 PM Visits: 25.4K
Hallo Martin,

What a great plan to conquer the Dingle Way this September! 😊

Are you travelling from within the EU? If so, then as per the current government guidelines, you will not be required to undergo quarantine provided that you have proof of your vaccination (EU Digital COVID Certificate). Therefore, you are welcome to complete your hike and stay at different locations while of course respecting local guidelines and social distancing measures.

The Passenger Locator Form currently only allows for the entry of one address. If any of the information you provide on this form changes in the next 14 days, you are required to send an email with your complete and updated information to the following email address: passengerlocatorform@plf.ie

You can find this information on the Irish government page, where you can access the form as well.

Please keep in mind that the situation is evolving periodically, and we encourage you to always stay up to date with the most recent guidelines on the Irish government website and our traveller health page.

We hope you will have a great time and we would love to hear about your adventure when you return! 📖

Viele Grüße von der grünen Insel! ☘️
Rebecca
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 2 Aug 2021 7:19 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 4
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 2 Aug 2021 7:19 PM Visits: 78
Hello Rebecca,

same situation here. We are fully vaccinated. But do we need to inform the goverment of "every step" (every location that we stay at)?

I couldn't get this piece of information from the extract from the website...

Thanks in advance!

Greetings
Sebastian

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 3 Aug 2021 11:24 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 18
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Tue 16 Apr 2024 11:23 PM Visits: 25.4K
Hello Sebastian,

Great to hear you too are planning to visit our island! 😊

Yes, as per current guidelines, you must provide every address where you will be staying during your visit.
The Irish Government website explains that the form may be used for the purpose of contact tracing in relation to cases of COVID-19 and that you may be contacted in the 14 days following arrival to verify your details and to provide you with public health advice.

Where on our island are you planning to visit? Let us know if you need any tips for your trip or have a browse on our website! 🗺️🧭

Best wishes,
Rebecca