First Trip since Brexit

First Trip since Brexit

Author
Posted Fri 30 Jul 2021 12:37 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 30 Jul 2021 3:46 PM Visits: 9
Hi
We have a family holiday home in County Clare and of course, due to Covid, we haven't been able to visit for 2 years.
I'm so excited to be heading home next week, but as this my first trip since Brexit, I have a few questions....
In the past, when coming over, we would stock up on wine and beer and a few food / household essentials.  Now we are no longer (pfffft!) part of the EU, have the rules changed as to what we can bring in (and I guess out) of Ireland?
Many thanks
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 30 Jul 2021 2:25 PM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (776 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 12
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 29 Sep 2022 6:05 PM Visits: 1.4K
Hi Paul,

It's great to hear you have a trip planned to the island. Since the UK left the EU, goods allowances changed both to and from Ireland. As of now, 16 liters of beer, 4 of wine (not sparkling), and 1 of spirits are allowed each way. You can find the full list of goods and allowances to enter the UK in the UK allowance page and the list of allowances for Ireland on the Customs regulations page.

I hope this is helpful and that your trip back to Ireland after these two years is a wonderful one.

Have a great day,

David