What's the best part of the Wild Atlantic Way?

What's the best part of the Wild Atlantic Way?

Author
Posted Mon 2 Aug 2021 3:30 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 8
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 3 Aug 2021 7:34 AM Visits: 149
Hi everyone

My friends and I would love to do a road trip on the Wild Atlantic Way with a mobile camper. Unfortunately, we only have 5 days during which we can travel. Therefore, I wanted to ask which part of the Wild Atlantic Way you would recommend most. =)

A few years ago, I did the NC500 in Scottland and absolutely loved it. However, there the west part of the route was the more scenic one which is why I'd recommend this to fellow travelers. That's why I'm wondering if there's a certain part of the WAW that you'd recommend most. 

Furthermore, is it difficult to drive on the WAW with a mobile home?

Thank you for your help!
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 3 Aug 2021 1:38 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 2:02 PM Visits: 76K
Hi there! 

5 days is already plenty of time to discover segments of the Wild Atlantic Way! 

Our Wild Atlantic Way page has some itinerary suggestions in 3 to 5 days, depending on your interests. 

As far as I'm concerned, the entire coastal route is worth it. If my time was limited, I would focus on the North West part of it, from Galway to Sligo for instance. It covers stunning places such as Connemara, the Mullaghmore Peninsula or Achill Island. 

And it's totally doable to travel by motorhome. Some countryside roads are a bit narrow but it mostly depends on the length of your motorhome or camper van. Feel free to have a look at our camping page for more information. 

Maybe other members will have other suggestions. 😊

Cheers,
Antoine