Upcoming holiday

Upcoming holiday

Author

Posted Sun 15 Aug 2021 11:55 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 7
United States
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 16 Aug 2021 8:52 PM Visits: 26
We are going to be arriving September 19th and I have been following all the information about what is necessary to travel into Ireland but wanted to just clarify. We arrive in Dublin and will be traveling by car all around the country. If vaccinated then  there is no need to quarantine or test, right? Only when we get back to the US.
Big question is, if a member of our group has just recently recovered from Covid, they have the positive and then the negative results from the testing facility, but it doesn't list a valid through date like some sites are saying. It does list the dates on both tests so is that sufficient if it's been within the 180 day limit. If not, does anyone know how I go about getting one that has the valid through dates? 
Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 16 Aug 2021 1:01 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 18
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 22 Apr 2024 10:48 PM Visits: 25.8K
Hi there,

We're happy to hear that you are planning a road trip around our island! ☘️

Are you planning to visit Northern Ireland as well? The following information are applicable to the Republic of Ireland:

If you hold valid proof of an approved vaccination, no travel-related testing or quarantine will be necessary. Please note the time that must pass after your vaccination for you to be regarded as fully vaccinated. As for your return, I advise for you to check the current rules in your home country on relevant government pages.

For travellers with valid proof of recovery from COVID-19 in the past 180 days, no travel-related testing or quarantine will be necessary either. The proof of recovery must contain specific information as outlined here.

The Irish government website further states, that:
"In situations where a person is required to present evidence of a negative/'not detected' RT-PCR test prior to travel, and is unable to do so following a persistently positive RT-PCR test after recovery, a positive RT-PCR result will be acceptable which is no less than 11 days prior to the date on which the person arrives in the State and no more than 180 days prior to the date on which the person arrives."

I strongly advise for you to check with your local Irish embassy whether this scenario may be applied to your friend's situation, or which other proof of recovery may be acceptable. Perhaps the testing facility can issue a proof of recovery certificate for your friend, otherwise please check with your local authorities.

Don't forget to also fill in a Passenger Locator Form. ✅

It's a good idea to always stay up to date by following any updates on the Irish government website, as well as our traveller health page.

Where do you plan on visiting during your trip? We'd love to hear about your adventures! 😊

Best wishes,
Rebecca
Profile Picture

Posted Mon 16 Aug 2021 8:53 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 7
United States
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 16 Aug 2021 8:52 PM Visits: 26
I will check with my local Irish embassy as that link is the same one I saw and our testing facilities here say that the results they provide are the only form they send out. 

We are driving pretty much around the entire country, mostly the coast towns but we are going to be all over.  A 1 week trip ended up being 2 because I kept adding must see things.  🙂
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 17 Aug 2021 9:46 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 17
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 20 Feb 2023 3:15 PM Visits: 1.1K
Hello!

It's lovely to hear that you have a full two-week holiday on the Emerald Isle to look forward to. :)

Contacting the Irish embassy as Rebecca advised is certainly a good idea. They will be able to inform you on the specific guidelines that apply to your country of departure, as well as your friend's particular situation. We hope they recovered well.

If you have any further questions about your visit to Ireland please do reach out to us, we're happy to help. 

Wishing you a smooth journey and wonderful experiences on our green island! 

Warm regards,

Vera