Could you recommend some great food places to visit in Belfast?

Could you recommend some great food places to visit in Belfast?

Author
Posted Fri 20 Aug 2021 10:12 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (202 reputation)Community Expert (202 reputation)Community Expert (202 reputation)Community Expert (202 reputation)Community Expert (202 reputation)Community Expert (202 reputation)Community Expert (202 reputation)Community Expert (202 reputation)Community Expert (202 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 2 Bronze Achievements 13
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 30 Jan 2024 5:52 PM Visits: 816
What you’ve heard is true! Belfast is packed with delicious restaurants for you to enjoy and full of enticing food markets with a range of different foods for you to try. With so many to choose from, we’ve narrowed it down to give our top picks that deserve a visit.

Fancy trying a bit of everything? Not sure where to start? A guided food tour will give you insight into the best food and drink hubs Belfast has to offer. Taste and Tour have helpful guides to direct you around the top tastes in the city. With a range of tours to choose from you have the option of taking a Gin Jaunt, exploring the city Cocktail Circuit, enjoying the local Street Foods and Craft Eats, or trying a bit of everything with the Belfast Bites tour. You’ll be sure to have a lot of fun trying all the best foods and be left satisfied! 

After touring the city eats, a fun way to end your evening enjoying smooth whiskey whilst being surrounded by history! The Whiskey Club offers private tasting tours in the historic Henry’s Pub which is around 100 years old. Be sure to keep an eye on their calendar as these delicious tasting sessions sell out fast!

If you’re looking to explore a variety of different foods in one place, St. George’s Market is the place for you. Named the UK’s Best Large Indoor Market for 2019 there’s something for everyone to try here. The delectable smells oozing from each stand will be sure to make your mouth water! Built in the late 19th century this market is unique to Belfast history. 

Sawers Market is another option that similarly has a range of foods for you to try. Also dating back to the 19th century this award-winning destination has to go on your foodie bucket list. Not far from some parks in Belfast city centre this is the perfect place to pick up a picnic hamper full of outstanding cheese and deli selections.

One of the best things about Belfast is the variety of outstanding restaurants to choose from but we’ve narrowed it down to our top three! A popular choice in the city is the Nu Delhi. Serving traditional Indian cuisine their flavourful use of spices and sauces have wowed many. Next up is Mourne Seafood Bar which offers reasonably priced, deliciously fresh, and locally sourced picks. And finally, if you’re looking to try some local foods, the Ginger Bistro is a great choice. Close to the Grand Opera House, this classic bistro is set in an old warehouse and delivers classic Irish foods with a slightly modern twist.

Do any of our community members have any favorite food spots they love to visit in Belfast?

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 20 Aug 2021 5:37 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 18
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Fri 29 Mar 2024 6:35 PM Visits: 25.1K
Thanks so much for those fantastic tips, Georgina! I'll be sure to try some of those myself! 😊

If you're as much as pizza & pasta fan as I am, I'd recommend trying Villa Italia. This family run pizzeria is located just a little outside the city centre, but is no less popular. Being close to Queen's University, you could treat yourself to a bite here after taking a stroll through the impressive campus and the beautiful Botanic Gardens right next to it.

Another personal favourite is a Japanese restaurant called Obento. I enjoy the fresh, delicious Sushi in this small restaurant after a day out exploring Belfast's City Centre.

I must say that St George's Market is an all-time favourite of mine, too! I just love the variety of delicious hot food in this fantastic and vibrant atmosphere. And the best thing about the market is that you get to take home some fresh local produce and benefit from your visit here all week long! 💚

Best
Rebecca ☘️