School trip with 100 students

School trip with 100 students

Author
Posted Thu 26 Aug 2021 1:06 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 27 Aug 2021 5:44 PM Visits: 18
Hello everyone, 
I would like to travel to Dublin with 100 students, aged 15, from the 25th to the 29th of April. So far, I wasn't able to find accommodation at a reasonable price. I have a budget that I have to respect, so I'd like to find something not too expensive.
Thanks in advance,
Chloé
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 26 Aug 2021 5:17 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (1.2K reputation)Community Expert (1.2K reputation)Community Expert (1.2K reputation)Community Expert (1.2K reputation)Community Expert (1.2K reputation)Community Expert (1.2K reputation)Community Expert (1.2K reputation)Community Expert (1.2K reputation)Community Expert (1.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 16
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 30 Dec 2021 6:47 PM Visits: 722
Hello Chloé,

Welcome to the Community! ☘️
That's so great you are planning a trip with so many students in Dublin! 😊

Do you have a preference for the accommodation type? Are you looking for youth hostels? I invite you to have a look at our selection of hostels in Dublin and contact owners directly to know their rates. The search option and results are from the middle of the page.

As it's a large group, have you considered getting rooms in different places?

You can as well send inquiries to travel operators. They might be able to offer you a tailored quote.

I hope you will be able to find a place within your budget. Please note you can post as well in French, if you prefer! 😊

Have a great evening!
Weena

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 27 Aug 2021 8:42 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 3:36 PM Visits: 21.9K
Hi Chloé,
good luck with your search and fingers crossed we will be able to help. Can I ask from which country, you will be travelling from?

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 27 Aug 2021 1:57 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)
Hello,
Unfortunately, my school don't accept youth hostels and doesn't want us to be separated, that's why I find it quite complicated to find accommodation. We are travelling from Brussels to Dublin.
Thanks for your answer !
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 27 Aug 2021 4:26 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 4
Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 31 Aug 2021 9:28 AM Visits: 147
Hi Chloé,
Have you checked the university accommodation providers. They transition from accommodating their own students to visitor accommodation around the time you're travelling. For example Trinity College Dublin (would be an amazing experience for your students) but there are quite a number of providers that might be open to that - UCD, DCU and other private providers. If you haven't checked them out I could get some contacts for you.
Brian
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 27 Aug 2021 5:45 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Hi Brian,
I haven't checked the university accommodation providers yet, I would gladly have some contacts so that I can look out for it. Thanks a lot !
Chloé
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 28 Aug 2021 8:15 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (1.2K reputation)Community Expert (1.2K reputation)Community Expert (1.2K reputation)Community Expert (1.2K reputation)Community Expert (1.2K reputation)Community Expert (1.2K reputation)Community Expert (1.2K reputation)Community Expert (1.2K reputation)Community Expert (1.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 16
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 30 Dec 2021 6:47 PM Visits: 722
Hi Chloé,

To give you an idea of the university accommodation providers you can check the following pages for : 
Trinity College Dublin summer accommodation and their contact page
Dublin City University accommodation for groups and their contact page
University College Dublin residences and their contact page

I hope this helps.

Weena

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 1 Sep 2021 7:25 AM
View Quick Profile
Tourism Ireland Team
Tourism Ireland Team (1 reputation)Tourism Ireland Team (1 reputation)Tourism Ireland Team (1 reputation)Tourism Ireland Team (1 reputation)Tourism Ireland Team (1 reputation)Tourism Ireland Team (1 reputation)Tourism Ireland Team (1 reputation)Tourism Ireland Team (1 reputation)Tourism Ireland Team (1 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 4
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Wed 1 Sep 2021 7:25 AM Visits: 170
Hi Chloé,

The Citywest Hotel may be an option for your group as they have a lot of rooms so you can all stay together. Can you send me your contact details (my email address is ebelckx@tourismireland.com) and I can reach out to you via mail to get a sense of budget, type of room (double, triple,...). That way we can reach out to our contacts in Dublin.

Many thanks in advance,
Eef
Trade Executive Belgium & The Netherlands
Tourism Ireland