Storing luggage at Dublin airport

Storing luggage at Dublin airport

Author
Posted Sat 11 Sep 2021 4:35 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 13 Sep 2021 9:14 AM Visits: 5
Hi there.
I'm not sure which terminal my plane lands in - I am flying Turkish Airlines from Cape Town.
Is there a way for me to store an item of luggage at Dublin airport?
If so, which terminal and where will I be able to store it?
What is the cost per day?
I leave Dublin 10 days later for the UK - London Heathrow. Which terminal do I leave from?
Will this be from a terminal far away, or will it be a simple exercise for me to collect my stored luggage?
Kind regards,
Toby Shenker
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 13 Sep 2021 8:53 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Wed 17 Apr 2024 8:17 AM Visits: 13.3K
Hi Toby

Thanks for taking the time to contact us about your plans to visit.

We would suggest that you have a look at the Dublin Airport facilities page on their website where there is some information on the baggage storage options at the airport. Please contact them directly for information on pricing and location.

Most international flights arrive at Terminal 1 at Dublin Airport so this is probably the terminal for you which is where the baggage storage facility is located.

Your ticket to London Heathrow should have the information on the airline you are using for check-in and they will tell you the details. We would suggest contacting them when you initially land for advice on your UK flight.

There have been recent changes to the current travel and public health guidelines. To keep up to date, we'd suggest keeping an eye on our own Traveller's Health Page for all official resources. You will need to fill in a passenger locator form before arrival in Dublin, one is not required for the UK as you will have been in the common travel area for 10 days.

Are you flying back to Cape Town from the UK or returning through Dublin?

Martin
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 13 Sep 2021 9:17 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 13 Sep 2021 9:14 AM Visits: 5
HI Martin.  Thanks for your helpful reply.  I am flying back home directly from the UK, as opposed to returning via Ireland. The luggage I wish to store is obviously not needed whilst I'm in Ireland.  Does that affect anything?
Kind regards, Toby
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 13 Sep 2021 9:40 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Wed 17 Apr 2024 8:17 AM Visits: 13.3K
Hi Toby

Thanks for getting back to us!

There is no problem with your using the baggage storage before you go to the UK and return home from there. I was just going to let you know what you would need to do to return to the Republic of Ireland from the UK as our rules are different, you would have had to fill in another passenger locator form.

Best wishes and safe travels.

Martin