Proof of vaccination

Proof of vaccination

Author
Posted Fri 24 Sep 2021 2:26 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sat 25 Sep 2021 3:28 PM Visits: 5
Just wanted to verify that the CDC vaccination card that is issued in the USA will be recognized by Irish hospitality venues when proof of vaccination is required. Also, will a photo of my card suffice or will I need to carry around my original? TIA!
Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 24 Sep 2021 9:53 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Wed 17 Apr 2024 8:17 AM Visits: 13.3K
Hi Martin,

Thanks for the question!

There is a lot of positivity regarding changes to the current travel and public health guidelines.  To keep up to date as you try to make plans, we'd suggest keeping an eye on our own Traveler's Health Page for all official resources. 

Regarding indoor dining and pubs, the government website on reopening of hospitality advises that non-EU DCC visitors will require physical proof of their vaccination status, so this will be the actual CDC vaccination card with the relevant information. A photo will not be adequate, you will also need proof of US residency such as your passport or driving license.

I hope this helps, where are you planning on visiting during your time with us?

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 24 Sep 2021 10:11 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)
Thanks for the prompt and clear response. I’ve been searching for clear guidance on proof of vax in restaurants for days and could only find information on landing in Ireland. I’d have to say I had already read the referred documents but no clear cut answer to my question… so thanks again!

I’m actually visiting my family for the first time in a couple of years. My dad passed away last year and my mother postponed the internment of his ashes until I could travel again. I started to worry that I would not be allowed join the post-ceremony dinner at a nearby hotel if they didn’t accept my CDC issued POV.

Cheers

Martin

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 25 Sep 2021 2:09 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 2:02 PM Visits: 76K
Hello Martin,

I'm truly sorry to hear of the loss of your father. I hope you will find some peace after the ceremony. 

As the government website and Martin said, the original proof of vaccination along will an official photo ID will be sufficient to enter the venue. 

We are looking forward to welcoming you here on the island!

Best,
Antoine

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 25 Sep 2021 3:28 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Thank you for your kind words. All is good now.
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 25 Sep 2021 5:45 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 12:42 PM Visits: 1.6K
Hello Martin,

I'd like to start by offering my sincerest condolences for your loss as well. As Antoine said, I hope that your trip brings you and your family peace.

With the importance of this trip in mind, I'm delighted to hear that all is good now! It'll be an absolute joy to have you here on the Emerald Isle. Do you have any other big plans in mind for this trip? I'm sure that our community would love to hear about any spots you plan to pop by or adventures you may have in mind!

Kindly,
Rochelle