The great Atlantic Way

The great Atlantic Way

Author
Posted Fri 24 Sep 2021 9:53 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 9
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 24 Sep 2021 12:11 PM Visits: 202
I plan to visit May 23 - June 3
Starting in Cork, on to Skibbereen to research my history, onto Clare island and then Galway. I am planning to spend several days in and around Galway.
Thinking of staying in Vienna Woods Hotel 🏨 in Cork, Lisa and Estate in Skibbereen, Clare Island Lighthouse in Clare and would like suggestions about places to stay and go in Galway. Also except in Galway I will travel by train, bus, etc
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 24 Sep 2021 11:40 AM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 7 hours ago Visits: 658
Hi Kathy,

It's great to hear that you are planning a trip to Ireland next year.

First of all, as you researching your Irish roots, I would recommend checking out Ireland Family History on Facebook - they are a fountain of useful information.

Regarding accommodation in County Galway, you can check out this accommodation page for some great advice and suggestions for staying in Ireland. There, you'll be able to find information about staying in everything from hotels and B&Bs to campsites and castles.

There are plenty of fun things to see and do when in County Galway, as this page surely testifies.

To learn more about using public transport in Ireland, you can check out this helpful page.

I hope this information will be useful to you!

Regards,
Eoin