Theater

Theater

Author
Posted Tue 28 Sep 2021 5:56 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 9
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 30 Sep 2021 6:40 PM Visits: 336
Hello, I will be going to Dublin at the end of October and I would like to see a play (classical) that is not too difficult to understand. Would you have any suggestions?
Thanks Sabine

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 28 Sep 2021 3:48 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 2:02 PM Visits: 76K
Bonjour Sabine,

I'm delighted to hear about your trip to Dublin next month!

There are many classic Irish plays you might enjoy watching, such as "Waiting for Godot" by Samuel Beckett, "The Hostage" by Brendan Behan or even "Playboy of the Western World" by J. M. Synge.

While these plays might or might not be showing at the moment, I'd suggest you have a look at the agenda of Dublin's theaters for more information or other suggestions. You can for instance check out the Abbey Theatre, the Gaiety Theatre or the 3 Olympia.

I would also suggest reaching out to our friends at the Centre Culturel Irlandais for more classic plays suggestions or tips.

What else have you got planned during your stay in Dublin ?

A bientôt,
Antoine
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 29 Sep 2021 5:52 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)Gaining Respect (174 reputation)
Hi Antoine, Thanks a lot. I have not seen these plays for the moment but I will keep checking.
I will be with my 17 years old daughter. We will hang around, visit musuems such as the little Dublin museum ... Do not hesitate if you have other thinks to suggest. Have a nice day. Sabine
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 29 Sep 2021 8:40 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Island of Ireland
How nice that you are coming with your daughter, Sabine!

There are plenty of things you could do in Dublin! How many days will you be in town for? 

You'll find plenty of suggestions right here. The Visit Dublin website is also a wealth of information to plan your trip. Make sure to check out their "What's On" section for events.

A few personal favorites would be to spend an afternoon in Howth (a coastal village nearby, reachable by the DART train), check out Trinity College and its Old Library or simply walk along the streets (Merrion Square for instance has really cute houses with colorful Georgian doors)

Bonne journée,
Antoine

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 29 Sep 2021 8:16 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Looks great ! Many thanks ! Sabine

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 30 Sep 2021 1:17 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Island of Ireland
Of course, Sabine! 

Please let us know how the planning goes or if you need anything else until your trip in October. 😊