Trip to Northern Ireland via Dublin

Trip to Northern Ireland via Dublin

Author
Posted Mon 4 Oct 2021 11:41 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 9
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 5 Oct 2021 4:07 PM Visits: 204
Hello!
I would like to know what documents are necessary to travel from Portugal to the Republic of Ireland 2 adults and 2 children. If children must also have a passport? I go to Cookstown by bus, what care should I take? Some advice? Do I have to test Covid19 on second day in Northern Ireland?

Thank you

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 4 Oct 2021 3:20 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Hélder, 

It's so exciting that you're thinking of visiting Ireland with your family! I am more than happy to point you in the right direction for more information. 

On the following page, you can find everything you need to know about the requirements to enter Ireland. It's also a good idea to enquire with your airline or ferry company for more information about what kind of ID is required. 

It's great that you're travelling by public transportation! Where will you be travelling to Cookstown from? On the Bus Éireann website, you can find timetables, prices, and the option to book tickets ahead of time. For Northern Ireland, public transportation information, take a look at the Translink website. As you'll be travelling from the Republic of Ireland to Northern Ireland, there are a few Covid-19 requirements as well. You can find more details here

For all up to date Covid-19 information and travel requirements, I recommend keeping an eye on the Traveller Health page. 

I hope this was helpful, and we're always here if you need more tips for your upcoming trip! :) 

Melin
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 4 Oct 2021 4:33 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 9
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 5 Oct 2021 4:07 PM Visits: 204
I go from Dublin to Cookstown by Translink! My children don't have a passport, but will they need them during their stay in Cookstown?
Thanks
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 4 Oct 2021 7:47 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 12:42 PM Visits: 1.6K
Hi Hélder, 

It's so good to hear that you and your family are planning to pop on by Ireland! Like Melin, I'm more than happy to help point you towards resources that might help planning this trip a little easier.

To start, there's a helpful article by the Department of Foreign Affairs regarding passports into Ireland, with plenty of helpful links and advice. According to this resource, everyone entering the island of Ireland does need a passport, and that includes children and babies

You can also reach out to your local British Embassy/High Commission or Consular Office, for more information about visiting Northern Ireland and any requirements that may or may not be necessary.

I do hope this helps! If you have any questions or need any advice, feel free to stop by again. I'm sure everyone here would be happy to chat about your visit!

Kindly,
Rochelle