Travel documents

Travel documents

Author
Posted Mon 4 Oct 2021 8:33 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 4 Oct 2021 8:32 PM Visits: 1
Do I need a passport to travel to Southern Ireland by plane or can I still use my photo ID.
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 5 Oct 2021 10:02 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hi Maureen,

Thanks for the question!

As a UK citizen, you only need to have an official photo ID to enter the Republic of Ireland still. Please take a look at our passports page for all the details. We would suggest also checking with your chosen airline for their terms and conditions.

There is also a lot of positivity regarding changes to the current travel and public health guidelines. To keep up to date as you try to make plans, we'd suggest keeping an eye on our own Traveller's Health Page for all official resources as there are changes to the public health guidelines from October 22nd.

Hopefully, this will help, what have you planned to see and do during your time with us?

Martin