How much money is considered enough to enter Ireland?

How much money is considered enough to enter Ireland?

Author
Posted Tue 12 Oct 2021 12:55 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 2 Bronze Achievements 9
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 12 Oct 2021 5:49 PM Visits: 777
Hello! I'm traveling to the Republic of Ireland in a week and a half and I've been very anxious about border control. I'll be staying for 86 days and I have an airbnb rented and return flight all booked but I know that border control might ask me to prove I can sustain myself financially by asking to see my bank statement. I can't find anything that specifies how much money that would need to be. If anyone has any idea how much money "proof that you can provide for yourself" means, I would be really grateful because it's been giving me a lot of anxiety.
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 12 Oct 2021 9:54 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Wed 17 Apr 2024 8:17 AM Visits: 13.3K
Hi Leah,

It's great to hear that you will be over with us for 86 days, we are certain you will have a wonderful time with us!

While there seems to be a limit to the amount of cash you can bring into the Republic of Ireland, there is not a mention of being able to prove how much money you have to enable you to pay for your time with us. As you do not require a visa, at border control you should be able to provide additional information to prove that you have a valid reason for entering Ireland such as your passport and other documents like accommodation reservations and return flights as you mentioned.

I would suggest that you contact the Revenue and Customs to put your mind at rest. They should be able to provide you with clarification.

As you are with us for so long, what have you planned to see and do during your visit?

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 12 Oct 2021 11:20 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)Gaining Respect (175 reputation)
Hello! Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question! I have a group of friends I met playing dnd that I care deeply about that (for the most part) all live in Ireland so my number one priority on the trip is spending time with them! I hope to see the country at a relaxed pace and keep my schedule pretty flexible. I must admit I really hope things are safe enough with covid that I'm able to see some live music while I'm there! 

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 12 Oct 2021 12:55 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)Community Expert (2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 18
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Tue 16 Apr 2024 11:23 PM Visits: 25.4K
Hi Leah,

How lovely to hear that you'll be meeting your friends in Ireland and can spend so much time with them! 💚 We hope you'll get to see as much of our island as you'd like and enjoy your time! Feel free to browse our website for some ideas on things to do and places to visit. 🧭

You should be able to experience live music at most pubs on our island. At the moment, live music in general is permitted, but protective measures will be in place which you should be able to learn about from the specific venues. Please note that indoor hospitality is currently only accessible to people who are fully vaccinated or recently recovered from Covid-19. You can find further information on current measures here on the government website.
I recommend for you to stay up to date with all the regulations, including travel restrictions, via the government website and our website.

Let us know if we can help you any further! 😊 Feel free to use this checklist to help you packing and we hope you look forward to your trip! Our island certainly can't wait to welcome you! ☘️

Best wishes,
Rebecca
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 12 Oct 2021 1:22 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Thank you so much for those resources! I'm very excited to be able to experience your beautiful country for a couple of months. I've always wanted to see Ireland even before I met these friends so being able to visit is a dream come true! 
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 12 Oct 2021 4:53 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 7 Aug 2022 10:39 AM Visits: 689
Hi, Leah,

We can't wait for you to arrive on the island and see what it has to offer! As you mentioned you have wanted to visit Ireland before, are there any places in particular that you are interested in seeing? 😊

You are also more than welcome to check out the music thread here on the Community and explore Ireland's artists! We also have some great music content over on our website where you can explore more about Ireland's music scene and the best spots to hear music when on the island! 🎶

I hope that you have a safe journey to our Emerald Isle but please reach out again, if there's anything else that we can help you with.

Best,
Aimee
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 12 Oct 2021 5:49 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Thank you so much! I will definitely check those out! I'm afraid the things I want to see are probably quite standard tourist-y destinations. There are a bunch of castles I really hope I get to see and I'd love to go to the Burren, the Kells Priory, and the Cliffs of Moher or the Sliabh Liag Cliffs! 
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 13 Oct 2021 8:54 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Wed 17 Apr 2024 8:17 AM Visits: 13.3K
All great ideas indeed!

With Halloween just around the corner followed by preparations for celebrating Christmas, there will be plenty to see and do. 🎄

Heritage Ireland has a lovely website with all of its locations listed, please have a look for information on opening times and access.

It would be great if you were able to visit the Cliffs of Moher and Sliabh Liag (Slieve League) to contrast the two wonderful cliff locations, just wrap up warm and enjoy the Atlantic at its best. 🌊

We look forward to hearing all about your time with us and your friends, please let us know when you are here and what you manage to fill your time with.