RT-PCR tests for children on holyhead to Dublin ferry, is it required?

RT-PCR tests for children on holyhead to Dublin ferry, is it required?...

Author
Posted Thu 14 Oct 2021 10:55 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (182 reputation)Gaining Respect (182 reputation)Gaining Respect (182 reputation)Gaining Respect (182 reputation)Gaining Respect (182 reputation)Gaining Respect (182 reputation)Gaining Respect (182 reputation)Gaining Respect (182 reputation)Gaining Respect (182 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 8
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 14 Oct 2021 1:54 PM Visits: 11
Having booked our ferry ticket s to travel next week from Holyhead to Dublin I am trying to work out whether I need to have my children aged 14 and 16 RT-PCR tested prior to travel. 

Both children have had a single dose of the covid 19 vaccine.  Both myself and my wife have had double vaccine doses and we will all travel together.
I have spent hours looking at Irish and UK government websites but it is not clear whether a single vaccine dose if sufficient for children aged over 12.
I would love to learn from anyone who has travelled over in similar circumstances with children.
Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 14 Oct 2021 11:55 AM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (774 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 12
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 29 Sep 2022 6:05 PM Visits: 1.4K
Hello Neil,

It is great to hear you are visiting Ireland very soon.

All children between the ages of 12 and 17 will be required to have a negative RT-PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to arrival, even with fully vaccinated or recovered adults when they enter Ireland. Unfortunately, one dose of the vaccine is not enough to be considered "fully vaccinated", and authorities will ask for the negative test upon entering Ireland. You can read more about the requirements to enter Ireland in the Traveller's health article and the Irish Government Website.

I hope you find this useful.

Wishing you safe travels,

David