Before going to Ireland

Before going to Ireland

Author
Posted Sat 16 Oct 2021 7:16 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sat 16 Oct 2021 7:14 PM Visits: 1
Hi my name is Tanya. And I'm in the UK for school. Do I need to take a covid test before going to Ireland or no? Or take a day 2 test when I am there? Please help.
Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 17 Oct 2021 9:14 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 7 Aug 2022 10:39 AM Visits: 689
Hi there, Tanya,

How exciting that you are planning a trip across to our Emerald Isle! What do you have planned for your time on the island? ☘️ 

As you are arriving from the UK, you will firstly have to fill out a Passenger Locator Form no later than 72 hours before your trip to Ireland.

If you are able to provide valid proof of vaccination, then you will not have to undergo any travel-related testing or self-quarantine. This is also the case if you can provide valid proof of recovery from COVID within the last 180 days! However, if you do not have valid proof of either vaccination or recovery, then you will need to present a negative RT-PCR test result taken 72 hours before arriving in Ireland, and then self-quarantine for 14 days. You can take another test on day 5 and if negative, you can then leave your self-quarantine. 😊

You can find all of this information and more on approved vaccines, and what valid proof you can show, over on the official Irish government website.

I hope that this helps answer your query but please do reach out again, should you need anything else!

Best,
Aimee