Short trip to Dublin. Looking for ideas to make the most of it!

Short trip to Dublin. Looking for ideas to make the most of it!

Author
Posted Tue 19 Oct 2021 1:29 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 8
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 19 Oct 2021 1:45 PM Visits: 168
From Nov 4th to Nov 7th, my husband and I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary today, I just booked a flight and a hotel in Dublin for the 1st night.
We have still got 3 days and 2 nights to organize. We would like to see the West Coast. Galway? What do you recommend? How to travel from Dublin to Galway? Any idea for visiting? Thank you!

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 19 Oct 2021 5:20 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 1 hour ago Visits: 76.1K
Bonsoir Frédérique,

What a special occasion! I am so glad you'll be celebrating your 25th anniversary with us. 😍  

You can easily travel from Dublin to Galway by taking the bus. The Transport for Ireland website is a great resource to plan your journey. Our page about public transport could also be useful. If you are worried about time and practicality, you could also go on a day trip while staying in Dublin if you'd like. Some tour companies like Paddywagon specialize in day tours. There are also lovely areas to see around Dublin such as coastal towns or the Wicklow Mountains

Once in Galway, I could recommend you to visit Connemara or a short road trip along the Cliffs Coast, down to the Cliffs of Moher and Co. Clare for instance.

Other Community members might have more suggestions along the Wild Atlantic Way. 😊
I hope this already helps!

A bientôt ! 
Antoine