Physically-Challenged Tourists from USA required to use Powered Mobility Devices

Physically-Challenged Tourists from USA required to use Powered...

Author
Posted Tue 19 Oct 2021 9:22 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 19 Oct 2021 9:17 PM Visits: 1
How would I be able to (electrically) charge/recharge my 4-wheel heavy-duty mobility device's batteries with my American charging unit WHILE vacationing in/touring around Eire ?
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 20 Oct 2021 9:21 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hi Patti,

Many thanks for the question!

As you know, here on the island of Ireland we use different plugs and our power is 230V~ I would suggest that you contact the manufacturer of the scooter charging device or their agent to see if they have such a power convertor device or one that they would recommend.

It is possible to buy one from well-known online shopping outlets. You would just need to check that it is capable of use with your scooter charger due to any heavy-duty requirements.

Have you already made plans to come and visit us?