COVID testing requirements and travel to Ireland for Australians

COVID testing requirements and travel to Ireland for Australians

Author
Posted Thu 4 Nov 2021 9:46 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sat 6 Nov 2021 12:56 PM Visits: 5
I arrived in UK 15 days ago and completed all required testing for COVID resulting in negative test. Since that time I have been with friends in UK and now wish to travel to Ireland. 

I have a fully vaccinated COVID  international Certificate.

Do I need to complete the 72 hour COVID PCR test before I enter Ireland?
Pauline

Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 4 Nov 2021 10:05 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Wed 17 Apr 2024 8:17 AM Visits: 13.3K
Hi Pauline,

It's great to hear that you are planning on coming to see us.

For fully vaccinated or recovered from Covid in the last 180 days, no further travel-related testing or quarantine is required. Please take a look at the government website page on what is classed as fully vaccinated.

You still need to fill in the passenger locator form with the current status of vaccination and proof will be required. 

If not classed as fully vaccinated or recovered, a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of arrival can be used instead, and note this on the passenger locator form, this is for track and trace purposes.

What have you got planned to see and do during your time with us?

Martin

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 4 Nov 2021 10:34 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)Gaining Respect (173 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sat 6 Nov 2021 12:56 PM Visits: 5
Thanks Martin,

I will travel to see family and then take in some of the sights.

Pauline

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 4 Nov 2021 2:02 PM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 2:22 PM Visits: 658
Hi Pauline,

As Martin has said, it's wonderful to hear that you are planning a visit to Ireland.

I'd like to share some travel suggestions for your trip that will hopefully help you to see some of our lovely sights. For starters, this page here highlights some of the most popular (and most 'Instagrammed) places to visit on the island.

Our 'Things to Do' page is great for finding inspiration during a trip to Ireland, as is our 'Destinations' page. As you'll be aware, Ireland is much smaller than Australia, so getting around is a cinch! Our 'Getting Around Ireland' page is super handy for all visitors to our shores.

I hope this information will be useful to you.

Regards,
Eoin