What I can bring into Ireland

What I can bring into Ireland

Author
Posted Mon 15 Nov 2021 8:07 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 15 Nov 2021 8:06 PM Visits: 2
I will be traveling from US to Dublin in a few days. I have a $3000 USD digital camera I want to bring for personal use but am concerned with having to pay duty and or taxes, as this is well over personal allowance. Similarly my son is planning to bring a personal computer. Any information on duty and taxes would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 16 Nov 2021 10:02 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 22 Apr 2024 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hi Steven,

It's great to hear that you will be over with us for a few days soon!

We have some information on our borders and customs page on our website. There are also links to the Revenue website where you will be able to find a page on temporary admission of personal effects. Please take a look and see the procedure for bringing your camera.

There is also a contacts page if you wish to contact them directly.

Hopefully, you will have a great time with us in Dublin, what have you planned to see and do during your visit?