Arranging for a car with a driver while in Ireland

Arranging for a car with a driver while in Ireland

Author
Posted Wed 17 Nov 2021 3:45 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 18 Nov 2021 7:42 PM Visits: 11
My husband and I (in our mid 70's) are planning a trip to Ireland with our twin granddaughters (age 11) for July 2022. While my husband and I have been to Ireland before, this is the first trip for our granddaughters. We had booked a tour almost two years ago, but it had to be postponed due to the pandemic. We plan to reschedule it for July. Our tour includes a car but we would rather not drive so we would like to hire a service which includes a car and driver. We plan to be in the western part of Ireland for about 9 days. We may not need a driver every day and it wouldn't always need to be the same driver. How can we go about looking into such a service? On the internet, we have seen some chauffeur driven tours that are available in Ireland but since we already have the tour paid for, we just need a car and driver, nothing fancy. Do you have any suggestions on how to arrange this? Thank you for any help you can provide.
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 17 Nov 2021 4:22 PM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 2:22 PM Visits: 658
Hi Dorothy,

It's so exciting that you are planning on visiting us with your husband and granddaughters next summer! I hope that you all have an amazing time. I will be happy to provide you with some useful information about arranging a car with a driver during your trip here.

You'll find many great options for private chauffeurs and guided tours in Ireland on our website. I would recommend that you contact these companies directly for more information about their specific services and availability.

I have also collected a few helpful threads about hiring a chauffeur or private driver for you below: 

- Private Driver
- Hiring a private driver
- Personal driver

I hope that this information will be useful to you, Dorothy. Please let me know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Regards,
Eoin