Travel requirements between Glasgow and Dublin

Travel requirements between Glasgow and Dublin

Author
Posted Tue 23 Nov 2021 6:18 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 9
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 23 Nov 2021 6:24 PM Visits: 214
I am flying from Glasgow to Dublin next week, but I am not sure if I need a PCR test either before I go or when I get back.
I know I have to fill out a passenger locator form but I am not sure if this has to be done online or if I print it and bring it with me and also I don't know if the paper version of my proof of double vaccination is sufficient or if I need to have an app on my phone. Are you able to help with any of my three questions?
Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 24 Nov 2021 9:37 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 2:19 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hi Josephine,

Thanks for your questions about your upcoming trip to Dublin!

To keep up to date as the time to travel arrives, we'd suggest keeping an eye on our own Traveller'sHealth page for all official resources.  

For fully vaccinated or recovered from Covid in the last 180 days, no further travel-related testing or quarantine is required. Simply, fill in the passenger locator form online within 72 hours before arrival, including your current status of vaccinated.  Proof will be required but this can be in paper or app form.

As you are remaining within the Common Travel Area (CTA), you will not need a PCR Test on arrival in Dublin or return to Glasgow as the Scottish travel rules only apply if you have been out of the CTA.

Hopefully, this helps with your concerns and that you enjoy your time with us!

Martin