Covid rules to enter Ireland form the Common Travel Area

Covid rules to enter Ireland form the Common Travel Area

Author
Posted Wed 1 Dec 2021 1:09 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 1 Dec 2021 1:06 PM Visits: 2
Hi,
I need some help please, I was planning to come to Ireland on 13th Dec to meet family, but I am unclear on the guidance now since Omicon has been discovered. The UK regulations require a PCR test 2 days after you enter the country but this does not apply to the CTA countries, so Ireland traveling to UK do not need to do this. But the new Irish rules that come into force on 3rd Dec appear to suggest i need to do this to enter Ireland from UK. Does anyone know categorically what the rules are if traveling within the CTA.

Thanks Alasdair
Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 1 Dec 2021 4:54 PM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (358 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 2:22 PM Visits: 658
Hi Alasdair,

It's good to hear that you are planning a trip to Ireland.

You are right that new measures will come into effect on Friday, December 3rd. While Ireland remains open for non-essential travel, all arrivals aged 12 and over who are fully vaccinated or recovered from COVID-19 must provide either of the following:

- A negative or not detected antigen test (taken within 48 hours before arrival)
- A negative or not detected RT-PCR test (taken within 72 hours before arrival)

The test result must be certified and not self-administered. If you are not fully vaccinated or recovered, you must show a negative or not detected RT-PCR test taken within 72 hours before your arrival.

This is subject to change so I would advise you to keep an eye on the Irish government's website.

I hope this information is helpful.

Regards,
Eoin