Question regarding the PCR Test

Question regarding the PCR Test

Author
Posted Tue 7 Dec 2021 2:36 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 8
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 7 Dec 2021 3:53 PM Visits: 162
Hello! I will be visiting Ireland very soon from the UK. 

I read on the Ireland govt website that "the PCR test result has to be certified and not self-administered".

If I do the sample-collection for the PCR test by myself at home and then send the sample to a lab for testing and certification. Does these kind of PCR test meet the requirement set by the Irish government? Or must the PCR sample be collected by medical professionals? 

Thank you so much! 
Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 7 Dec 2021 3:51 PM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)COMMUNITY EXPERT (359 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 4 hours ago Visits: 661
Hello Alice,

It's good to hear that you are planning a trip to Ireland.

I would encourage you to check out the GOV.UK page for the latest information on travel to Ireland as well as this page on finding and choosing a private coronavirus (COVID-19) test provider.

I would also encourage you to check with your airline for more information.

Regards,
Eoin